Rainy days can quickly leave kids feeling restless if stuck indoors, and with winter creeping in, you might like to have a few ideas up your sleeve for keeping them busy and entertained. Here's a few of our favourites that you might like to try.
* Pick up a roll or two of coloured painters tape, and use it on the carpet to create roads, and mini cities for toy cars and blocks.
* Create your own decorative posters or wrapping paper using cute wooden stamps (we got ours from Bohome + Roam, there's heaps to choose from!). Another idea is to slice an orange, lemon or lime in half, dip lightly in to paint, and stamp away to create a neat citrus printed artwork.
* Organise a toy swap. Invite your friends with kids around, and let the little one’s have turns at picking out new toys to play with.
* Nothing cures rainy day blues like a fresh batch of cookies, My kids are far more likely to try healthier versions of baking, too, and have a higher appreciation for something they have made themselves. Here's a recipe for golden oat biscuits that we just love.
* Have an indoor treasure hunt. Keep their day lively with a treasure hunt. Make one set of clues for every player (try rhyming the clues for fun), each clue leading to the next one and, finally, to the treasure.
How do you keep your little one's entertained during the rainy weather?