Luxuriously creamy, these salted honey and lemon cheesecake bars are made entirely from simple, pure ingredients. The texture is rich and velvety, yet still maintains a certain lightness when cut with a spoon. You’ll also taste a beautiful, soft undertone from a touch of honey, the kind of sweetness that lingers perfectly.
½ cup of pecans, roughly ground
½ cup raw buckwheat groats
2 Tbsp honey or pure maple syrup
3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
Pinch of sea salt
1 cup coconut cream
1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight in water then drained well
zest + juice of one lemon
½ cup melted coconut oil
¼ cup honey, gently melted
3 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 tsp sea salt
1. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Start by preparing the base. Put all ingredients into a food processor, then process until the mixture starts to come together, about 1-2 minutes. Press the mixture evenly into the prepared loaf tin.
3. To prepare filling, put all ingredients into a high powered blender or food processor. Process until smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
4. Tip the mixture into the loaf tin and smooth out evenly.
5. Pop in the freezer for at least 4 hours, or overnight, to set.
6. Remove cake from the freezer, allow to thaw slightly, then carefully transfer to a wooden board. Slice into thick pieces, and then top with a drizzle of honey if desired.
Makes 8-10 serves.