From the coast of Reggio di Calabria in Italy, Bergamot is one of the most unique citrus oils, and not only for it's beautiful aroma, but for the many uses which we can enjoy. For years, Italians have used Bergamot in an abundance of ways - to rejuvenate the skin, reduce feelings of stress or overwhelm, to naturally purify and cleanse the air, whilst also uplifting the mood.
There are many unique attributes of Bergamot that set it apart from it's citrus friends, including the exclusivity of where it is grown, the fact that it's a rather bitter fruit that produces sweet oil, and its ability to create both an energising and calming environment, at the same time. You can start to understand why I simply love this oil, and how it makes a harmonious addition to a variety of blends.
Here's some ideas for use:
- The powerful qualities of bergamot oil make it an excellent tonic to maintain healthy hair. Simply add 2-3 drops of the oil to your regular shampoo and use it as you normally would.
- Diffuse at home, work or in the car to promote a calm, relaxed environment. I find it pairs particularly well with ylang ylang, lavender or frankincense.
- Apply to the skin while showering and inhale deeply to experience its calming aroma, whilst enjoying its cleansing and clarifying skin benefits.
- Combine bergamot with a few drops of lavender and carrier oil, then gently rub on to your feet before bedtime for a calming and relaxing massage.
- Add the magic of Bergamot to your homemade beauty products, such as hand cleanser, sugar scrubs, body butter or soap.
Caution:Possible skin sensitivity, please always dilute, and keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult with your doctor before using. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
I'm head over heels in love with doTERRA essential oils.
Follow this link If you’d like to find out more, and why they're the safest and most healthy option for me and my family. You can also purchase these gorgeous oils at a discounted rate, by creating a wholesale account here. x