- Got the winter blues? Inhale Wild Orange or Citrus Bliss straight from the bottle. I dare you to try and stop that smile spread across your face. Better yet, pop a few drops onto your scarf to wear as a natural diffuser on the go.
- Make your own aromatherapy tissues infused with Eucalyptus, Peppermint or EasyAir. Carefully open each side of the cardboard box, add 2-3 drops of oil to each cardboard flap, and then tape shut. The oils will naturally diffuse into your tissues, enhancing them with many wonderful therapeutic benefits.
- Suffering from a fever? Add a few drops of frankincense, eucalyptus or peppermint essential oils diluted in coconut oil to a warm bath. You could also add the same oils to a damp cloth, and place gently on your skin to help cool you down naturally.
- Kid’s complaining of monsters under the bed? Create your very own “Monster Spray” to spritz around the room at bed time using sleep enhancing oils such as Lavender Peace, Roman Chamomile, Vetiver or Cedarwood. They’ll be sure to enjoy a more restful sleep, as will you!
- Add some extra sparkle to your dishes, by adding 5-6 drops of Lemon or Lime essential oil to the soap dispenser in your dishwasher. You can also drop directly onto wooden utensils or chopping boards before cleaning to help remove smelly odours.
- Mix 1 drop OnGuard with 1 tsp manuka honey, and take to help soothe a sore, dry throat. Or perhaps you might like to heat some almond milk until steaming, then whisk in 1 tsp honey and 1 drop OnGuard for a immune-boosting hot drink that tastes just like Christmas!
- Make your own protective purifying spray to carry around in your purse to help combat winter bugs. In a small 30ml glass bottle, combine 1 part witch hazel with 3 parts water and 30 drops OnGuard. Shake gently, and spritz as needed.
- Keep those pantry bugs away, by wiping down the shelves with a blend of white vinegar and a few drops of Tea Tree, Peppermint and Lemon essential oil.
- Do your nails need some tender loving care? Make your own cuticle oil by filling a small dropper bottle with olive oil, 10 drops Frankincense, and 10 drops Lavender. Apply to the cuticles, and gently massage in 1-2 times a day.
- Lastly, when you get to the end of a bottle, you’ll be happy to know there’s often still 4-5 drops hiding in there to make use of. Remove the plastic dropper, and add some carrier oil to get the rest out of the bottle. You can also submerge the bottles into some bath salts to gently infuse them.
Essential oils rock my world.
They have literally changed EVERYTHING. My emotional wellbeing, lingering digestion issues, my kids immunity and sleep difficulties, the way I clean, our skincare regimes, the vitamins we take, the rituals we enjoy. It all started with a hesitant yes from me, and now, I simply couldn't imagine my life without them. Are you ready to learn a new way, and become plugged in to the best little community there is? Grab yourself an essential oils starter kit, and I'll become your personal guide!